Cream-Browser is a lightweight web browser using GTK+-3.0, with the same interface as
- Modules : every modules manage one or more protocols (ie. HTTP(S), FTP, gopher, ...), they are used by Cream-Browser to
- UNIX socket : used to control Cream-Browser from the command-line (via a UNIX socket).
- Vim split : a widget which implements split and vsplit commands.
- Lua configuration : Using lua makes Cream-Browser very configurable and easy to customize. Lua isn't a very hard
language, it's KISS and powerful.
- CSS Theming : because Cream-Browser uses GTK+-3.0, it provides its CSS theming engine.
- Profiles : profiles allow you to have multiple instance of Cream-Browser using different cache directory.
Download the zip archive, or
the tar archive.
Or clone the git repository :
$ git clone git://github.com/linkdd/cream-browser.git
And because the master branch is currently depecreated :
$ git checkout unstable
Or clone directly the unstable branch :
$ git clone -b unstable git://github.com/linkdd/cream-browser.git
to see every possible options. Then :
NB: If you want to build Cream-Browser with another compiler (maybe
clang ?), just do :
Install / Uninstall
To install Cream-Browser, you just have to run :
DESTDIR feature is correctly supported.
To uninstall Cream-Browser, you have to run
make uninstall with exactly
the same value for
DESTDIR if it was specified at installation.
Packages for Debian, Gentoo and Archlinux will be created very soon.
Because it uses lua, Cream-Browser is highly
Pages on the wiki and other documentations will be written in a while.
Help and support
- The first place to get help is the wiki.
- You can also report any issue on the bug tracker.
- If you want more help, you can join the IRC channel #cream-browser @ irc.freenode.org.
- Or subscribe to mailing lists :